The Australian Government has announced $10 million over 2 years for the Community Languages Multicultural Grants. The Community Language Multicultural Grants aims to:
- Support the maintenance, development and acquisition of languages other than English.
- Connect young Australians to the languages and cultures of their community.
- Enhance cross-cultural awareness and respect for cultural diversity.
The grants are open to not-for-profit community language schools legally registered in Australia. The Department recommends that organisations check the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for the program to confirm eligibility.
The Community Languages Multicultural Grants Program will comprise two discrete streams:
- Stream One: Per-capita grant to help cover school operating costs based on student enrolment numbers
- Stream Two: Project grant to develop resources or training to benefit the community language sector.
This information session will present you with an opportunity to gain information on the current round of grants, which is expected to open for applications shortly.
The event will take place on:
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Time: 6.30pm start (concluding at approximately 7.30pm)
Venue: 12-14 Seaview Street Dulwich Hill
Please RSVP by noon Tuesday 21 January 2020 by completing this Eventbrite link with the names of attendees.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the grant and a video presentation by Deputy Secretary Linda Geddes please click on the following link: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about-us/our-portfolios/multicultural-affairs/about-multicultural-affairs/bringing-australians-together